Sunday, March 22, 2009

Monopoly is Beautiful



I just blogged about camping but I forgot to add that Jonno and I played our inaugural game of Monopoly with a board we gave him for his birthday last year. There is something so comforting about the rules of Monopoly being international and so, we set off, Jonno eventually driving me to near bankruptcy. Archie was allowed to stay up late and be the banker (or the national banker as he called it) so Jonno and I were on best behaviour with our board game manners. I never realised how beautiful the board looks when it is first set up. I pointed it out to Jonno but I think he was keen to get the dice rolling and build his empire. In fairness, whenever I landed on one of his heavily built up properties, he was very polite and always enquired as to whether I enjoyed my stay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails