Saturday, February 22, 2014

Books for a Rainy Weekend.

 Because I am doing a lot of work on the Stanley project at the moment, book wise I am gravitating towards easy and entertaining reads. Hugo is going through a Paul Jenning's phase (wahoo) and Jonno is busy hanging out with Tony Park in Africa. When Archie is not reading the Skulduggery Pleasant books he has been devouring Jon Mayhew's Mortlock series.
 I have just finished Karen White's Tradd Street series (very light, a bit of supernatural and like being on a holiday) and started reading 'The Husband's Secret' by Liane Moriarty which is as unputdownable as a Jodie Picoult. The only things is, it's set in Australia and I am really homesick at the moment so that is kind of intensifying it.  I am so looking forward to 'Lost Lake' by Sarah Addison Allen - I love a bit of magical realism and am beside myself to think that a new Alice Hoffman book is coming out over the next few days. She is up there with Barbara Kingsolver (although entirely different) as two of my all time favourite authors.
 I will explain my Lonely Planet book another day.....
 Some new craft books and a couple of old friends.
 And the cookbook by Matt Preston that my mum received for Christmas - once again, another book that is making me homesick.
And here is the little creature that is keeping my busy and my mind bustling at the moment. Stanley Rabbit himself!
It is rainy here and there are some interesting boxes to be unpacked so I had better scurry along.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails